Windows 7 and Windows Mobile Device Center
Microsoft has you covered. As with Windows Vista, Windows 7 users will need to download and install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 (WMDC). WMDC is a free download from the Microsoft website.
On the WMDC download page, Microsoft has some notes that you will want to be aware of before you get started.
- You can use Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 only with phones running Windows Mobile 2003 or later.
- ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center won’t work with Windows Embedded CE 4.2 or 5.0, Pocket PC 2002, or Smartphone 2002 devices.
- To sync content to any of these devices, you must use a USB or serial cable and your computer’s Internet connection and File Explorer.
- You must use Microsoft Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, or Office Outlook 2007 to sync your e-mail, contacts, tasks, and notes from your computer.
- You must use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer the first time you use Windows Mobile Device Center to sync.
To learn more about the Windows Mobile Device Center, visit the Microsoft website.