MotionApps Classic 2.0 Released
With version 2.0 of Classic, MotionApps has introduced the following new features:
- HotSync support over network
- Power consumption reduced considerably when device is idle
- Correctly set time in Palm OS from Palm webOS
- Palm OS storage heap memory moved to flash memory
- Virtual storage card is named "VirtualCard"
- Total and occupied size on storage card is correctly reported in Palm OS
- Similarly, storage heap size is reported correctly, maximum reported size 128MB
- Classic wakes up 45 seconds before Palm OS alarm time
- Full screen mode
- Quick keyboard mode switch
- Improved reset functionality
Pricing and Availability
The Classic 2.0 upgrade is free to all previously registered users and customers can use the Palm webOS Updates application to download and install the new software. If you haven't purchased Classic, you can download a free 7-day trial by using the App Catalog application. If you choose to purchase a copy of Classic, be prepared to shell out $29.99 - which I still feel is a little bit on the steep side for an emulator.
For more information about the Classic 2.0 upgrade, visit the MotionApps website.